my etsy store is up!
June 8, 2009 § 2 Comments
After a lot of hemming and hawing, I finally posted my first item for sale on my etsy store. I’ve posted one of the pods I made. Check it out:
In other news, I do have sewing shoulder! Aagh! I went to the chiropractor on Saturday and that helped a lot. She’s awesome! She does Network Spinal Analysis which is a more holistic approach to chiropractic care. There’s no cracking but rather gentle precise touch, as this site explains.
I won’t be sewing for a while, just so I can recuperate. However, having browsed etsy a while (and with a friend asking me if I make purses) I don’t think I’ll be away long. I do have a pattern for one of Amy Butler’s bags- the weekender. I got the pattern back in August, before I had two kids. In the last 4 months, I’ve looked online and just haven’t found the right fabric for this bag. Maybe I need to think outside the box and really create my own thing here.
I bought a cute quilting book called Quilts, Baby! by Linda Kopp. Her designs will get you back to your machine in no time! They are so cute and modern and get me thinking that I should do more embroidery. Not all by hand, though. This other book that I checked out from the library, the Amy Karol one, is really not going to help my sewing hiatus. So inspiring.
I’ve got a list of things I want to do. Not like laundry or clean up my mess. No! It’s got things like get etsy store up… well, let me just show you my list:
1. tiny mouse designs podeagis
2. babywearing class (I scheduled it but haven’t received any interest)
3. babywearing group (This week we’re finishing up the back health series so I’m working on getting the next serise booked)
4. translating (there’s a chance I could do some translating of children’s books)
5. Spanish group for toddlers (still in the brainstorming and could-I-do-it-and-not-go-nuts stage)
6. Blog for mamasays (a local thing- just posted my first entry)
7. Modern dance class